FOSTERING THE PIONEERING SPIRIT
The Center for Entrepreneurship and Family Business is involved in helping to encourage the commercialization of ideas. Our team of Research Fellows is playing a lead role in researching and evaluating the Great Plains I-Corps Hub. Additionally, we are involved in helping to provide an immersive, entrepreneurial training for scientists and engineers participating on the Great Plains region.
WHAT IS IT?
The NSF I-Corps program uses experiential education to help researchers gain valuable insight into entrepreneurship. Participants learn how to connect with customers, ask the right questions, and find partners to help get startup ideas off the ground. The National Science Foundation Innovation (I-Corps) program prepares researchers to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and facilitates the transformation of invention to impact.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
I-Corps provides research faculty, staff, students, and prospective technology entrepreneurs that are curious about the innovation process or thinking about creating a startup with a way to get started.
The NSF I-Corps program will help you:
- Better understand why technology has value and to whom
- Learn how to assess the market opportunity and pathway for your invention
- Get ready to apply to the National I-Corps Program — where you’ll have $50,000 in support to conduct customer discovery
- Increase your chances of receiving an SBIR/STTR award
- Expose you to key stakeholders and funders in the entrepreneurship community
- Gain support for applying to follow-on programs
The NSF I-Corps Hub Great Plains Region will host various events and learning opportunities beginning in early 2023.
Please check back for updates or fill out the form below to be notified of new events.