The Possibility Fellowship is a one-year premier entrepreneurial program that includes individual mentoring, hands-on learning, and unique opportunities for networking and internships. The fellowship is open to all NDSU students and provides the opportunity to gain highly applicable, concrete skills to use in the real world, whether starting a business or social enterprise or generating ideas within an existing business.
Become a Possibility Fellow
Benefits of the Fellowship
The Possibility Fellowship is a program that introduces students to entrepreneurship as a way of thinking and acting that goes beyond the traditional discipline boundaries as we know them today. There are many benefits of becoming a fellow including:
- Receive a $5,000 scholarship and up to $2,000 for travel and supplies to help develop your ideas and sharpen skills.
- Build a network of business advisors and mentors, creating the opportunity to gain access to seed capital.
- Graduate with the knowledge and skills needed to make the most of talents, ambitions and entrepreneurial ideas.
- Work together with other fellows to support each other in designing and implementing entrepreneurial projects.
- Embrace leadership roles and explore ways of disseminating and promoting entrepreneurial initiatives across campus.
- Mental Fitness Training for improved emotional intelligence (EQ) and enhanced performance without sacrificing wellness.
As a Possibility Fellow, you will be required to attend in-person, monthly meetings, during fall and spring semesters. These meetings focus on building the capacity of each Fellow to carry out high-quality, ethical entrepreneurial projects. You will be working with a team to develop an idea for a start-up venture. The Fellowship will culminate with your team ‘pitching’ your idea. Fellows should expect to commit some time outside of these meetings to work on their projects.
Additionally, there are many opportunities to attend events and conferences throughout the year.
Students are selected to join the Fellowship based on several eligibility requirements, including academic excellence, leadership abilities, and a knack for entrepreneurial creativity. Possibility Fellows must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have a desire to create an impact on campus and in the community
- Display inventiveness and a passion for entrepreneurship
- Be enrolled at NDSU as an undergraduate or graduate student
Fellows receive a $5,000 scholarship and up to $2,000 for travel and supplies to help develop their ideas and sharpen skills.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15, 2024
Selection Notification: Friday, March 29, 2024
2024-2025 Possibility Fellows are encouraged to attend the Possibility Showcase event held at Barry Hall on April 16th, 2024.
How to Apply
Complete the application by March 15, 2024. Start your application by clicking here.
For questions regarding the application process or general questions regarding the fellowship contact Onnolee Nordstrom, Chair of Entrepreneurship, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.