- This event has passed.
60 Second Pitch
February 28 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Each person/group has a 1 minute pitch with an additional minute or so for feedback from audience and panel.
We will be hosting an event where Students will be pitching business ideas in under a minute. In this minute, they will be presenting their problem statement, describing their ideal customer, vividly describing their user’s problem scenario, and then presenting us with their overall solution to the problem. We ask that audience participants come ready to engage with the participants and help solve the issue by providing valuable feedback. Each contestant will have the opportunity to win prizes based on their pitch and solutions.
Competition will start at 3:00pm in room 110 of the main library. You are welcome to bring friends and family to the event. A panel will guide participants by providing them with feedback and steps for the next March 28th Competition. Participants will ultimately compete in the Main Street Challenge in April 27th and have the opportunity to win scholarship prizes and more.
The Rules for the 1st Mini Challenge
- You have 60 seconds maximum to pitch your idea about a product for a problem
- The product cannot be exactly the same as something already exists on a large scale
- The problem does not have to be a massive, every-day problem. The problem does have to be reasonable such that the average person could understand why it is a problem.
- Contestants will present in the 110 Class Room of the Library. The preparation staging area is the 119 Co-Lab room.
- The pitch should have a problem statement, a user scenario, a user persona of who will use it, and finally the solution.